CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 28, 2011

Remembering the Little Things

My wonderful hubby has been writing, well I don't know what you would call it, for about 2 years. I would call it a book but he has repeatedly stated that he is no author.  He felt lead to write this little book to help couples of all ages. I am very proud of him and I know he has wisdom in this area.  He is so tired of seeing couples give up but most of all he wants to help men love their wives like Christ loved the church.  I am so proud of him that I decided to post some bits of his book on my blog.  I may post the whole thing in the future but for right now until his book is edited I will just give you tidbits.  I hope you enjoy it.  Please leave a comment if this helped you in whatever way.

Remembering the Little Things
Where It All Begins…..
            “For better or for worse, in sickness and in health, for richer or poorer, in good times and in bad, forsaking all others…”  These words can be heard an average of 2.4 million times a year, that’s and an average of 6,666 times a day just in the United States alone.  Not to mention the millions of girls each day who rehearse these lines in the privacy of their bedroom fantasizing of their dream groom waiting for the day that they can have their “storybook wedding”.  With this phrase repeated so many times daily in the United States, why are we then faced with a 43% divorce rate in America?  Because we forget the little things in our marriages.
            Husbands may say something like, “I know her favorite color, her favorite actor, her favorite soda, her favorite song and her best friend”.  A wife may check off a list and say, “I know his favorite football team, his favorite meal, his favorite movie and his favorite breed of dog”.  Unfortunately both the husband and the wife may finish each of these sentences with the phrase “but my husband/wife does not know me at all”.  In our marriages we can easily get wrapped up in ourselves and our everyday activities that we become selfish and sometimes unknowingly block out the only one to whom we say we love.
            God has designed marriage to be more than an “institution”, (a structure and mechanism of social order and cooperation governing the behavior of a set of individuals), and much more than a  social union or legal contract between individuals.  God designed a man and a woman to be joined to create a bond and a fellowship that nothing can come between, “Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder” Mathew 19:6.  Just what does come between a husband and a wife that may cause a division between them? It is the forgetting of the “little things” in our marriage that can cause division and strife that is unwanted and unnecessary.  Just what are “Little Things”?.........

Look for the answer to that question next week!

0 comments:

Post a Comment