CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Money Jar Update


Well its been 4 months since we started the money jar.  I thought we would give you an update.  It is going great.  Every time I get change and one of my darlings is with me you can bet I will hear something like "great mom, more money for the jar".  The children are very excited.  Most of the time the older children let the baby put the money in the jar.  She loves it!  Every time we see a commercial of a Disney cruise on the sin box, aka television, they jump up and start looking for money.  We have now included the recycling money to our efforts.  I am also trying to scrape up the nerve to look through trash cans while filling up at the gas stations to look for cans and bottles.  I can't believe I just admitted that!  Ever so often I decide I need to know how much is in the jar.  As of last week we have over $150.  It's not much but its a great start.  If you have any other interesting ways to add to the jar let me know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment