CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My First Pillowcase Dress





















I spent the afternoon making my first pillowcase dress for my toddler.  I love the idea but I hate the pattern.  It is really a simple idea but the pattern I had decided to complicate the whole thing.  In the end I just put it together the way it made sense to me.  Here are some pictures of the dress and my cutie!  I am looking forward to making some more of these but next time I will leave out the bias tape, which I hate anyway.

2 comments:

Joyful Blessings

I made two also, I think the bias tape is also unnecessary, did you just fold down the material of the dress itself instead. I love the black accent with the red, looks very nice.

Sheree

I did use the tape for the armholes but not for the top. I couldn't understand hoe the pattern wanted me to do it so I just folded down the top. Because of this though the armholes aren't big enough. I am making a blue and black one tomorrow. I will try to post pictures soon.

Post a Comment