CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Lizzy's Birthday Cupcakes




Well last week was Lizzy's birthday.  I have been so busy lately that this year it snuck up on me.  Before I knew it it was here.  Her teacher asked the night before her big day if I was going to do anything at school for her.  I had been think about it and the moment he asked I decided to make cupcakes. 

You see I haven't been baking lately.  As a matter of fact it's been a couple of years since the baking bug has hit me.  I know many of you are asking how I win the pie contest on Harvest Sunday every year at church well my secret is that that my Kit Kat pie only takes 5 minutes to make and I never even turn on the oven. 

So back to last week.  I ran home after dropping the kids off at school, turned on the oven and went in to a baking frenzy.  Thank goodness I just reorganized the kitchen and finding everything was a breeze.  I don't know about you but when I make cupcakes I hate pouring the mix into the cups liners.  I seem to always get the mix everywhere.  Well since I had the baking box out I saw my hubby's icing bags.  I came up with a great idea.  I put the cake mix in the bag like it was icing.  I cut the tip and I had the easiest time filling the liners! 

Once the cupcakes were done baking and cooled I used another icing bag to do the tops.  I didn't use a tip or anything.  I started out just swirling the icing and then started making something like flower petal.  When I was finished it still looked plain.  I remembered the food coloring spray that I bought last year and I decided to "spray paint" half pink and the other half purple.  They were still to plain so I decided to use runts as the middle of the flower.  The pink ones had orange runts while the purple ones had the cherry.. I think they came out really nice for such a fast last minute treat. 

Guess what happened after that?  I now have the baking bug!  I know this isn't going to be good for my diet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment